"Phoebus" is the lastet update of Control System Studio (CS-Studio). Compared to the original development, it no longer depends on Eclipse RCP. Instead, it offers the Display Builder, Data Browser, Probe, PV Tree, Alarm, Scan, ... with integration to site-specific email, logbook, PV name completion in a more compact package.
To install and run snapshot builds from nightly builds:
- Install a recent Java release. OpenJDK 11 is suggested. You may also use Java 9 and 10, but these need to be the Oracle JDKs.
- Download the `phoebus-*.zip` for your architecture: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux. (SNS users should download the site-specific `product-sns.zip` for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux )
- Start phoebus.sh (Linux) or phoebus.bat (Windows). For Mac, rename phoebus.sh into phoebus.command.
Start with command line option
-help to see available options.
The most important one is
-settings to provide local settings.
Refer to the chapter "Preference Settings" in the online help for more.
- The online help is also included in the product, access via the `Help` menu.
- 2018 EPICS meeting Phoebus-Status.pdf.